How To Choose A Great Domain Name For Your Website
How To Determine The Value Of A Domain Name
If you start looking for domain names to the places I recommended on the previous page, you will find hundreds or thousands of results. As you understand the most of them are worthless. Below is a list of some tips to follow when you want to narrow these results.
You are looking for domain names:
- Easy to remember
- Relevant to your niche
- Easy to type
- It is important to make sense
Follow these tips, and you will avoid the most useless domain names. Below is a second list of what to avoid when you consider buying a domain name.
What To Avoid When Buying A Domain Name
- Avoid buying not .com extensions: You always want to get the .com extension except if you have found a huge opportunity to buy a high-value and keyword-rich domain. If you find MakeMoneyOnline.org available, just go for it.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens: They make it harder to remember and type. I have seen some examples of domains that sold high with numbers or hyphens, but these examples are rare.
- Do not buy a domain without checking its history: If you do not check out your domain's history, you may be unlucky and get suspended from the Google domain name.
- Avoid long domain names: Not many people can remember a domain name like RealWaysToMakeMoneyOnlineFor….com. Keep it short.
I think that these steps are enough for a beginner to get started finding his first domain name. If you do everything as described, you have chances to find a good and brandable domain name.
However, you will not find a great domain name if you do not spend time and effort researching. If you are looking for your very first domain, take your time. While you get more experienced, you can find good domain names faster.