Help A Non-Profit
There are very specific regulations for non-profit organizations federally and in all states. Many of the these organizations are funded through government or private grants, but smaller non-profits do a great deal of fund raising so they can fulfill their mission. Groups do not need official non-profit status to be a vital part of the community.
Here is a short list of groups that may need to fund raise.
- youth sports programs
- support groups
- church groups
- food banks
- homeless shelters
- residential service providers
- school groups
Can you think of groups in your town that fit into any of these categories?
Can you think of any other categories?
- Make a list of all the organizations that you can think of that fit any of these categories. This will be your outreach list.
- Get all the contact information for each group you list including names, phone numbers and emails.
- Find out the main need for each group.
- Arrange a time to meet with the group or group leadership to talk about fund raising.
Now that you have a list of groups, in your area, that might need fund raising help, we will look at how WA can become a fund raising tool.