Check List For a New Website
Install and Activate Your Favorite Plugins
Always try out new plugins on your 'wausernametest.siterubix' before installing and activating them on your 'real' website.
Make a list of your favorite plugins in Notepad and save it on your computer for future reference.
Don't install too many plugins as this could slow down your website's load time.
My favorite plugins include:
- Antispam Bee - to shield my website from spam without using a Captcha Akismet Alternative - Antispam Bee
- Cookie Law Info - to comply with the EU Cookie Law EU Cookie Law Plugin
- Easy Digital Downloads - for when you offer digital downloads for your new subscribers How to Create Your List for Free
- Exclude Pages - Provides a checkbox on the editing page which you can check to exclude pages from the primary navigation.
- Pretty Link Lite - hides affiliate links and gives a shorter, prettier link to use on social media such as Facebook and Twitter Pretty Links
- TinyMCE Advanced - enables advanced features and plugins in TinyMCE, the visual editor in WordPress. You can change your font type, font size and other cool stuff Change Fonts and More With TinyMCE Advanced
- Updraft Plus - to backup my website to Dropbox
- Wordpress SEO by Yoast - my preferred alternative to All in One SEO.
Under no circumstances use too many or out of date plugins as this can slow down your website's load time. You may not need all of these on any single website.
Go through the settings for each plugin you activate to personalize them.