Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Cryptojacking is the new way of mining cryptocurrencies. Be careful and make sure you have anti malware and anti virus software up to date as well patch your computer as soon new updates are out. The bad guys are using this technique to use your computer to mine crypto currencies.
Many UK government websites are affected, it says enough how sever it is. People who visit those websites will be affected as well. The government is taking action to remove the malware from their websites.
It is getting worse the more people are using crypto currencies. What happens is you visit a website which may have a tool running, which will use your computer to mine crypto currencies on your computer using your resources and transfer it back to the website who injected you with this in the first place.
What you can do:
- Visit legit websites only
- Keep your device up to date (phones, computers)
- Keep your security software up to date
- Keep you software up to date
- Keep your apps up to date
- Keep an eye on news coming out so you are warned.
Stay Safe People!