Featured Snippet From Comment I Just Approved Today! Thanks WA!
This is crazy. I have a featured snippet on Bing from my new post I just published this weekend. I was so excited to see this! I am pretty sure this is due to all the comments I have been getting on this post. Thanks everyone!
I typed in many variations on the keywords I used and found I have a featured snippet, #1 or #2 rank on most all of them.
The wildest part of all is that the last term I searched for revealed another featured snippet taken from a comment I just approved on my site this evening!!!
Here is another search showing my post ranked #1, above Jackson Galaxy's own site and Amazon. My cute tabby boy is in the featured image. The first two images in the image list are from my posts as well.
I am not promoting anything here. I am showing that you can get a position 0 rank (featured snippet) very quickly by following the training here at WA. Some of the SEO practices I follow include:
- Always find great images relevant to the topic.
- Always compress your images.
- Always fill in the Alt Text, Description etc for images and do it correctly (Alt Text is not the place to put your keyword, it is the place to describe the image for the visually impaired). The Description can include your keyword.
- Make post useful for readers and provide information, don't just sell.
- Use internal links to your other posts.
- Use Great, Low Competition Keywords in your post title (my titles are always an entire long tail keyword phrase).
- Use Headings in your posts.
- Get quality comments!!!!!!!!
Using these steps I have had many posts reach the Position 0, Featured Snippet rank. In this case these are all on Bing but I have had them on Google as well. A comment on my post that I just approved this evening was pulled by Bing as a featured snippet for a long tail keyword I didn't even focus on in the post. In just a few hours this comment became a snippet in position 0 so it is the first thing people see if they search for that term.
Go get some featured snippets!