Time For A Change
Last Update: Oct 27, 2019
What’s the PLAN?
My first website setup using the training here at WA is up and running. However, it is not producing the results based on my expectations.
Recently, the website health rating took a nosedive...
Made me ponder, what went wrong?
I can do what I do but decided to Change The Plan.
What did I DO?
I build my niche according to the training.
Website up and running, content about 20,000 words. Did the keyword stuff etc...
Google rankings were poor... therefore website traffic also poor.
I got sales, from my emailing, not organic website traffic. Of course, I am giving it the benefit of doubt since the site is less than 3 months.
I took up Kyle’s offer to request for feedback. Got some pretty good feedback and some polite ones. Thank you all who provided feedback. Now you know it will be used for version 2.
I performed a CHECK up
I did 4 things.
- I validated the feedback I received
- I tested direct link response versus article response on website (direct link got me better click through than my articles)
- I researched other successful websites in my niche
- I learn from the blogs and training here in WA and also other sources
You need to remember that there are millions of results to millions of searchers everyday. I ask the question, why mine?
In case you are wondering why niche? Why so narrow? Because if it is not unique, it will not rank and no one will click if it does not “hit a nerve.”
Time to take ACTION
The review or check up allowed me to reflect on what is not working and what could work better. However, it could be another round of guess work like the first.
For those of you who are new, unless you have a really robust plan in the first place. You are probably like me, started learning from the training and doing at the same time. You would have achieved the deliverables but not necessary the results yet.
My framework to take action is as follows:
- Focus on the audience of my niche (create an avatar/persona)
- Identify the ONE problem or need (what is the one thing the audience must solve)
- Simplify my website to be the SOLUTION
- Design the content to be a natural 3-Step funnel (Attract, Engage, CTA)
Maybe you should...
See more comments