Today is my graduation day from the WA Ambassador school! Yay!
Contrary to the belief that it's not important to be a WA ambassador, for me, it was VERY important for so many reasons.
I believe, for me, to fully know or experience something especially one that we promote, we have to experience it all round. To walk all the steps and know how it is at every stage. WA's last listed step is ambassadorship. I needed to walk that walk and I consciously did that. It wasn't a case of, 'oh I don't know how it happened, it just happened.' I am glad I did it. It was worth every effort. It changed me in so many ways too.
- I learned to work hard at something everyday. When you are not active enough in the community everyday the rank drops and so to keep it you have to put in activity everyday. For me this is extremely valuable training. I took active activity everyday for 3 months. It developed a habit for me. Now I have 2 websites and five social media activities. With this ambassador training, the habit I developed has started to pay off. When you are not accountable to anything it's easy to wake up one morning and choose to do nothing. I used my ambassador role to train myself to do something everyday.
- I learned to dedicate myself to helping others everyday. This helped me to know much more about WA. I went in one area and was pushed off, then tried another and again was pushed off but in all these experiences I gained an insight into me and into other things. Things I would have never known if I hadn't become ambassador.
- I have learned about human behavior. Being at the top brings challenges from other members, even for a voluntary position. I got attacked for it. That was shocking! Some people will fight dirty and accuse you just because you moved into ambassadorship! It's weird but I believe this comes with the territory and I am sure it's the same out there in the world. Really good training if you ask me. Thank YOU for making me stronger.
- I Learned to handle difficult situations with dignity
- It really is part of the training. There are lessons to be learned and it changed me in ways I would have never managed had I not become an ambassador.
- I learned about what area of WA I enjoy participating in that has value to me such that even now having dropped off from ambassadorship, I will still come here and do it and feel really good about it.
If I become ambassador again, there will be no intention there, it will be different. It will be because of a natural cycle of helping others and probably just enjoying sharing stuff or just enjoying writing. It truly won't matter too if I stay one or not.
Thanks to everyone, EVERYONE, who contributed to my learning experience. I am thanking you, yes YOU who gave me a tough time too. It was a huge positive in my life and in business and will help me to earn money and keep to my resolve even in the face of adversity.
It's not about what happens, what happens, happens to everybody. It's about setting sail and focusing on our goals no matter what happens. Everything is all part of the dynamics of the business environment. Being an ambassador is there for a reason and I believe a good reason too.
Do not let anyone discourage you from aiming for ambassadorship, there are lessons there to be learned. If it's your thing, go for it! You will, in time, learn how to balance your time and deal with issues. EVERYONE who is an ambassador spends time at WA that they could be using on their website so the talk of discouraging others is nonsense especially coming from ambassadors! It's just fighting dirty to keep competition to a minimum. Perhaps they are not confident enough to maintain their position if more people fight for the rank! How do you say being an ambassador is not important when you ARE one? Is it not cutting your nose to spite your face unless deep down you have a hidden agenda to keep ambassadorship and have competition to a minimum?
We are all adults and we pay money to be here. If I waste it by spending it helping people at WA and keeping my ambassadorship so be it. Who knows whose life purpose is what? Maybe that is what I am on earth for. Why do some like playing the almighty over others? IS IT REALLY THEIR PLACE????!!!
My belief is that as long as members are genuine, without malice, in whatever they are doing, even if it's just writing a blog, it's a good thing and a learning curve.
I love this place and this community and I always will.
Wealthy Affiliate rocks!
May the winds of success always blow your way.