5 Things to Do when You Don't Feel like Working
Last Update: May 04, 2020
We all have times when we don't want to work. I've had plenty of them over my long life, and I sitll have them. Guess I could call myself an expert on laziness! But there are ways to trick yourself into getting going.
- There's a reason I chose a dog for the header image, and you may have already guessed it. I'll start with it. Get away from your desk and walk around. That can be around your apartment or house, or it can be outside. If mydogs can do it, their pleading eyes get me outside into our frenced yard. I take walk breaks several times a day. One time I walk is when I am on my cellphone with my sister or a friend.
- Caffeine can be a mixed bag, but in the mornings I like some good strong black tea. Never have liked coffee, but it could do the trick for you. There are a lot of nootropic supplements that can boost your energy too.
- Plan ahead, and there will probably be something on your list that you could tackle even when tired or listless.
- Take a nap. That's a SHORT nap, using a timer if needed. This works wonders for me.
- Just work anyway. Once you get started, there is a good chance you'll keep going.
What works best for you?
19 comments 21 likes
16 comments 27 likes
23 comments 24 likes
26 comments 27 likes
30 comments 30 likes
13 comments 25 likes
31 comments 27 likes
40 comments 34 likes
22 comments 34 likes
21 comments 20 likes