Is Wealthy Affiliate a Pyramid scheme? (4 FACTS!)
If you are a member of Wealthy Affiliate, you already know that the answer is no.
But if anyone ever claims you that "WA is a pyramid scheme", here are a few arguments that you can go through with him/her. You can also link this post to anyone who claims you something like that.
Obviously, anyone who claims that Wealthy Affiliate would be a pyramid scheme doesn't either know what he is talking about and he's just very ignorant.
Let's go through 4 criteria quickly.
4 Pyramid Scheme Criteria - One By One
1. There must be multiple downlines.
You know how the pyramid schemes are built:
You invite a member (let's call him Jack) and get paid for that..
Then Jack invites a new member (let's call him John) and you get paid for that too...
Then John invites a new member and you get paid for that too...
You get paid by "building a team" and always when your downline invites new members, you earn commissions.
Does this apply to Wealthy Affiliate? No.
2. The main purpose of the program is to invite more people to the system.
I don't know exact numbers but my personal guess is that 90-99% of the Wealthy Affiliate members make the most of their income from other sources than by promoting Wealthy Affiliate.
You learn here skills such as:
- How to build a website
- How to get traffic to your website
- How to build a YouTube channel
- How to make money with your website and a YouTube channel
- How to do email marketing
- Basics of paid advertising
- How to do local marketing online
- Etc. Etc.
Those are all REAL-LIFE SKILLS that you can use to get employed by almost any company as long as you can provide them value.
3. Pyramid Schemes sell products to their members that have High prices
First of all, Wealthy Affiliate is like 10 times cheaper than other similar products in the industry. Let's take just 2 examples
STM vs Wealthy Affiliate
- Popular affiliate marketing forum STM costs $99/month just for the forum!
- Wealthy Affiliate provides forum, domain hosting, step-by-step online business training, keyword tool, live support, weekly webinar training, etc. for $49/month.
Long Tail Pro vs Wealthy Affiliate
- Popular keyword tool Long Tail pro costs $537/year just for the keyword tool!
- Wealthy Affiliate provides forum, domain hosting, step-by-step online business training, keyword tool, live support, weekly webinar training, etc. for $495/year.
Wealthy Affiliate is providing their services for much cheaper than other similar products in the market.
Wealthy Affiliate would still be CHEAP if they would 2x their prices!
And the last but not least...
4. Pyramid Schemes are built on "Hype", not on Real, Tangible Things
In order to succeed in anything, you'll need to have 2 things right:
You need to know the steps to do to succceed (=tactics) and then you'll need to do them (=mindset).
Pyramid schemes never tell you the real tactics because the only thing they teach you is how to recruit more members.
Wealthy Affiliate training is very unique because the main focus is on real steps. Immediately from the lesson 2, you'll start learning steps that will make you money over time.
Then each lessons builds on top of each other and you sharpen your SKILLS.
I could continue the list but let this be enough for now... :)
Have a great day!
- Roope "Meeting lots of ignorant people online" Kiuttu
PS. I'd like to hear from you.
What specific SKILLS have you learned in Wealthy Affiliate?
Let us know in the comments below! :)