Last Update: Jul 1, 2022
Hello WA community,
I hope you are all well. I don´t know about you, but I enjoy writing site comments. Although I have to admit, I have not been constant as I had some issues and setbacks on my site, which I had to take care of, plus the daily research and content writing can be time-consuming (but it gets better with time).
We are all working hard on our sites, and I see site comments as a very important task that I don´t take too lightly. I refuse to write anything on someone´s site that would sabotage their business. Here are my tips for writing a good site comment for those new to this platform.
1) I set aside thirty minutes to one hour of uninterrupted time explicitly designed for this task.
2) I go to a quiet place and set up a timer.
3) I play light, relaxing background music.
4) I have a writing pad and pen to take notes.
5) I read the article on the website and jot down some key points.
6) I formulate the key points into sentences.
7) I write a rough draft and double-check for grammatical errors.
8) Then, I write my comments and send them.
9) I take a 1-minute break before; I move on to the other website.
I do this because I do not want to take something from the other website and confuse it with the new website, which can happen on rare occasions.
Sometimes I read an article on a website, and it´s like Greek to me. If I reread it and I still get crickets, then I will move on to another site or stop at that site because this is someone´s business.
Someone spent time and poured their heart and soul into this, so I prefer to move on than leave an undesired comment that could hurt this person.
Some reviews are so long that it seems to start in Canada and goes all the way to Bolivia. I have a hard time with those because I have to read all of this, take notes, and see how I can add value to this person´s site.
If I have a lengthy review, I take a 5-minute break before I resume.
This platform is a learning experience on all levels. In every area, you can learn something here. From the weekly classes, training, live chat, blogs, site feedback, and site comments, there is always room to learn and grow.
How about you? Do you have a strategy, or are you completely new and have not had the time to write one yet?
I would also like to take the time out to commend everyone who writes superb comments. We truly appreciate your time and efforts. Thank you.