Calling All Business Owners ( Both Online and Brick & Mortar)
I have a question for you..
I have recently started a new blog and podcast - But before I launch, I would like some feedback...
Basically my idea is to create this blog and podcast to help small business owners both online businesses and brick and mortar. To manage their own IT needs.
In my experience, a lot of businesses do 1 of 2 things when it comes to IT needs and their business.
They either ; outsource it to an external company. Sometimes this is great, but there are many downsides including
- losing control of your IT assets and property
- Being charged (and often overcharged) for IT services
- Not always being given the full info eg; what really went wrong, how was it fixed, what can we do better next time etc.
- Not knowing what the company is actually providing you
Or they may choose to try to manage their IT needs in house, often without the proper knowledge and training. This leads to frustration and often confusion and also leaves the business open to security threats/
My question to you is....
If you are a small cuisines owner (if you are using WA, then you are!) or if you are a brick and mortar business owner (currently or previously)
Would you find a blog / podcast that discussed how to manage your own business IT needs useful, topics covered would be
- how to set up professional business email
- how to manage / create your own business website
- how to set up a professional shared file system for your business
- how to create a professional backup solution for your businesses
- how to manage IT assets
- how to find the best software for use in your business
+ lots of other great stuff and interviews with people who have taken on the task of managing their own IT needs.
Thanks for reading and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.