What Are Realistic Financial Goals For My Site?
Before I weigh in on this topic, I want to share two of Kyle's posts on expectations:
Now, back to the original question. Here is my .02, based on 20+ years of experience online as a content provider (which is different from affiliate marketing in some ways).
Honestly, there is no good answer to that question because it is based on the following factors, some of which are not known to us:
- Your niche
- Your content creation skills
- The amount of time that you invest in your business
- Your affiliate partner(s)
- Your commission rate(s) with those partners
- The average price of the items you are reviewing
- The amount of traffic you are able to generate, either free or paid
You must determine the variables listed above to determine what realistic goals are. There is no one who can do that for you, and there is a vast difference between saying "I'm going to work 20 hours a week" and the actual application of that 20. You need more data in order to set 'realistic' goals.
Goals are great when you start out, but they are rarely 'realistic.' Does that mean that they are not achievable?
Not in the least.