The Emotion Of Color in Web Design
As an addition to the Design in Wordpress WAbinar, I have created this color emotion guide for YOU. This is merely a guideline on how you can target the right emotion by using some appropriate colors for your site.
Just remember the KISS theory when creating your sites!
- Gray -- unsettling, moody, dull.
- Yellow -- cheerful, happiness, optimism, playful, sunny, warm.
- Black -- authority, power, somber, evil, easy to overwhelm, bold, empty.
- Red -- energy, excitement, symbol of life, aggressive, passionate, vigor.
- Green -- conservative, wealth, nature, good luck, fertility, generosity, sickly.
- White -- purity, clean, sterile.
- Pink -- calming, gentle, delicate, feminine, tranquil.
- Blue -- cold, uncaring, focused, dependable, loyal, serene, sedate, trustworthy.
- Purple -- royalty, religious, superficial, spiritual.
- Brown -- reliable, stable, earthy.