Everything Is Hard Before It Is Easy - Online Marketing Is No Different

Last Update: March 25, 2018

I remember about mid-way through 2013 when I was struggling to get traffic to my online store and I was discussing some things with my sister that is a web developer. She was advising me on how to make my website better and how to drive traffic to my site.

I was pregnant with my second child, I had a very strong willed toddler and I had my own business. I tried to take in all these things she was telling me I needed to do and I told her if I atttempt to learn one more new thing my head will explode.... it will just spontaneously combust and I won't exist anymore.

Now the thing is that then I was trying to figure things out without any guidance. Yes she builds beautiful customized websites but she is not an online marketer or a blogger. Those are two very different things. I had my beautiful website I just didn't know how to use the thing or get people to visit it.

2 years after that discussion with my sister I found WA and OMG did everything just all slot into place. I had found the guidance, the support and the tools all in one place! Jackpot!

Fast foward another 3 years to today - people ask me how I find it "so easy" and how do I know how to do all these things that I do easily today. How come it "comes naturally to me".

It was not always "easy". I have screamed with frustration and I have felt like throwing my laptop at the wall, out the window and smashing it with a hammer. But I have not done any of those things and I have never given up. I've taken a break, had a breather and come back to my work and endured and eventually I find the solution.

Today someone asked me what my secret is - someone here on WA. My answer is that my secret is here and you are here. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow but there is success to be found with following all the training here and putting in the hard work.

Join the Discussion
Write something…
Recent messages
lmridge Premium
Lynne-

Well put. Thank you for the reminder. It's good to know we are in the right place at the right time. Now we just need to follow the steps.

Lydia
Reply
Harizan Premium Plus
At what month of your WA journey was the tipping point when you realized the hardest moments are gone?
Reply
LynneHuy Premium
In all honesty that moment was the moment I found WA. I had struggled to find the right information to do things. I kept finding conflicting information online every time I tried to do something and it made me hesitant. I had also followed the wrong information a number of times and later found out it was the wrong this to do. When I found WA the little I had managed to learn showed me that this was the right place to be. I knew that although I might struggle a bit I was in the best place to be in order to succeed. I wasn't alone anymore, I had the community of WA behind me. It was an awesome feeling.
Reply
Harizan Premium Plus
Thank you, Lynne! Your answer comes to show one more time that the newbie "struggle" in the first few months/ one year in WA is like a breeze, compared to one struggling to do things alone.
Reply
LynneHuy Premium
That is exactly it. I struggled for 3 years constantly searching and hungry for the right information. When I found WA that struggle was over. If I needed to know something I just typed my query into the WA search bar and 99% of the time my answer came up immediately showing me exactly how to achieve what I wanted. For the other 1% I just asked in chat and usually had my answer quite quickly. There was one occasion nobody could help me immediately but a WA member inboxed me 2 days later to say he had researched the problem online and came up with a number of options that may work to solve my problem and one of them did. But even if none of them had worked the fact that a WA member had taken the time and effort to go to such lengths to help me was incredible.
Reply
Harizan Premium Plus
I have the same feeling as you. Even at the moment, I am experiencing the WA power. A few minutes ago I understood my site is terribly slow.

I searched for some solutions, and as usual, there is some staff on that matter as well:)

So I will go through it, and it is very probable I will not need the next step, like site support or asking a question!
Reply
laurenjean Premium Plus
So true, Lynne. Couldn't agree with you more. Especially as most days I'm still at the throw my PC out the window phase.
Reply
LynneHuy Premium
Oh I have my days! LOL
Reply
GailLowe Premium
Thanks Lynne. This is great to hear. I appreciate your advice. Gail
Reply
LynneHuy Premium
It is a pleasure Gail :)
Reply
JerryHuang Premium Plus
Excellent! Every expert started off as a disaster!
Reply
Top