The Wealthy Affiliate Rules Visited
Hi WA family, hope everyone is doing well staying safe and healthy.
Recently there has been a fair bit of controversy over blog posts and comments in the WA forum. I just visited the page where Kyle has outlined the rules put in place to protect against spam and certain other items. Now, this is a copy and paste, so I am not sure if it will be published or not.
1) No unsolicited messages to be sent through private messaging. This will lead to the immediate removal of your ability to post anywhere within WA.
2) No copied content allowed to be posted here at Wealthy Affiliate. This content will be immediately removed and you will lose posting privileges.
3) Do not copy content from WA and post it somewhere else on the Internet. This includes copying your own blog content and putting it on your website.
4) No promotions with comments or chat. Although these may seem like subtle ways to promote, if you are caught doing this, you will likely lose privileges. If a link is posted out of an act to help someone, not sell something, that is OK.
5) No training should be focused on the promotion of a product or service or give half information. If it does, then it will be immediately removed from the training at WA and you may lose all privileges to post-training in the future.
6) No blog or forum posts that are created for the pure purpose of promoting a product. This does include product reviews. The rants are OK.
7) No adding affiliate links to any blog, training, discussion, or private message
8) Do not post content that is irrelevant to the online business world or your respective journey through the online world. Anything that is "niche" specific should be posted on your external websites.
9) Do not post content where your readers are required to go to an external website to "read more". All of the content must be self-contained within the post itself.
10) No soliciting phone numbers or asking people to call you
11) Asking for personal contact information
12) Any inappropriate content (adult content, website URLs, or related images)
13) Soliciting communication outside of the Wealthy Affiliate platform
14) Using incorrect or misleading headlines within your discussions or blog posts
15) No faith or religion based posts
16) No signatures at the end of your posts (posting your website URL, image, etc)
17) No politically driven posts
18) Promoting ANY product whatsoever
19)Anything else that you are knowingly doing in an attempt to sell something.
20) We do not allow any form of fundraising or charity including that campaigning for members here within WA. Please keep all fundraising campaigns external to WA.
We are all here with the ultimate goal of success, if you try some "sneaky sneak" spam attempts within WA, you will be caught and you may be in for an "account explosion"! We are flexible on every other aspect of WA other than spam. No exceptions. Just don't do it!
We truly are a community of help and if you see any form of spam going on, please do let us know and we will handle it accordingly.
Well, I am going against rule 2. These rules have been copied from a post by Kyle. I however I think everyone should read them, perhaps certain things have been forgotten. It happens.
Recently Kyle posted a reply to a member:
"We are going to be adding more controls and intelligence to the "cut off write access"
algorithms in the future,
Carson and I are discussing some good solutions for that. We have things in place to prevent
abuse of that already, but we need to add some additional logic"
The WA I joined over two years ago was a great friendly place, unfortunately perhaps due to certain frustrations caused by personal, or other world issues people are not dealing too well with, and are taking their idle time to cause conflict here. Please be respectful. The rules are very simple and they make sense to me.
I apologize I just read a post that pretty much sums up the way I feel. I hope this gentleman does not mind me sharing a few words from his post.
Talk2Ray just posted "Don't Lose Hope"
"I love to read all the blogs that are being posted, especially since this community is a worldwide community. I love to read all the blogs that are being posted, especially since this community is a worldwide community."
"I find hope in the fact that people from all over the world want the same thing - hope for a chance to do better in life. This is something that I do not find in the news or social media, there is always something that divides people that is being spread like wildfire."
"But, here I find hope. I find hope that there is a way to get out of debt."
This excerpt is from a wonderful member here at WA and I thank him for sharing it.