YouTube Tips I Have Learnt (Secrets!)
Last Update: Sep 4, 2019
Hello Fellow WA legends!
Who here has a YouTube channel? If so share it down below so that we can connect with each other and help to grow our channels.
Did you know that YouTube is a little like writing a post on a blog? And did you know you can rank it on the platform and drive massive traffic to it just by using search!
I have been to a couple of webinars regarding YouTube and have learn't a couple of helpful tips.
I will share with you below my hot tips for getting traffic to your amazing video.
- Create a good-looking banner on your homepage - Use a nice picture using your channel logo and a description of what your channel is about. (This will make you look professional)
- Add your other social channels to your homepage like Facebook, Instagram, website etc so that people can visit your other channels from You Tube.
- Stick to a schedule for video creation, eg 1 per week or 1 a month what ever suits and stick to your plan. Followers that enjoy your content will want to set their watch to your videos roughly so don't let them down.
- Research before you make a video. What I have learnt the hard way is that you need to do research on your topics first to see if there are searches for your video topic. Eg, How to make a cake! This will have heaps of searches so at least you know there is an audience searching for these keywords.
- Make a video around your topic and try to use your face on camera. People love looking at a face when watching YouTube videos it creates connection (If you are nice) Tip! Practice talking to the camera and making vlogs and watching them back, you will get used to it.
- Practice making videos, they will suck at first but will get better over time. YouTube is a long game so enjoy it.
- Buy cheap software (I use Wondershare Filmora $50 to buy) Use phone or Go Pro to begin with (I use the Go Pro 7 $350 )
- Try to make your videos interesting and keep scenes short and to the point, this will take practice. Get your message across in the first 1 minute because viewers will drop off as the movie progresses.
- Use a custom thumbnail on each video and try to use your face or someones face with a nice heading to attract clicks. Viewers are attracted to faces.
- Write lengthy descriptions using keywords found on you tube search bar and include any links to affiliates, products, posts etc. HOT TIP! GET KEYWORDS EVERYWHERE
- Use tags, I use all the great keywords I found on a topic and add them in, anything that can be searched for this helps.
- Share videos on your other social channels and embed them into your blog posts to get the ball rolling.
- Have fun with it, people want to be entertained so you won't be awesome overnight but it will happen.
We are in the knowledge era and people want to learn new skills and tricks, so if you have something to offer you will get an audience to watch this.
Just don't give up it will take time.
If you want me to have a look at your channel and give a little advice I would be glad to give you some tips, and show you what works for me. I'm only new but have got some things rolling.
Good luck You Tuber legends!
(Remember to drop your link to your channel below or PM me and I will do the same back so that we can assess and learn)
I just made my first video this past week. I know NOTHING about how YouTube works. Lol. My 13yo daughter was trying to show me how. She actually got my channel going. I'm not even sure how to share my channel! Lol. Thank you for the post. I now see I have a lot more work ahead of me.
See more comments
Thank you for sharing this. I am new at online business, but You Tube is definitely something I will consider down the road. Appreciate the tips.