How to structure my website ?
1. I hope to get some advice and guidance from the community on the best way to structure my website
2. My niche will be something like ; "DIY Home Improvements" I am considering 2 options :
a. Option 1. (One domain name with various pages)
(i) Domain name : "diyhomeimprovements.com"
(ii) Main/home page with the same title, plus targeted keywords.
(iii) Additional pages (each with its own targeted keywords) entitled : "Basement Refurbishing", "Kitchen Remodeling", "Garden Shed", etc etc.
b. Option 2. (Individual domains for each separate topic)
(i) 5 or 6 Separate domains, each targeting a specific topic
3. My Reasoning. Personally I prefer option 1 because of the cost saving aspect in buying one domain in stead of several others.
4. Questions. Please advise me on the following :
a. Is my strategy totally wrong ?
b. In option 1, will the articles that I write on "sub-pages" appear on both the relevant page as well as the main/home page ?
c. If people do a search with one of my targeted keywords, they will still end up on my site on the relevant "sub page", not so ?
d. It is the actual keyword that matters most, not the domain name ?
e. What are the advantages of having 5 or 6 different niches (each with its own domain) in stead of just one "main niche" as described above ?
f. The chances of being ranked for a specific keyword, are the same, regardless of it being for a "sub-page" on the main site, or if it is on its own domain. Or am I totally wrong ? (It is the keyword that matters most, correct ?)
5. Request. I really need your advice and guidance in this regard, as I want to start off on a solid foundation and build my business up from there.
6. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.