Correcting a child can be hard.
- But it could save their life later.
- I raised 3 children... all successful... spanked everyone of them!
- Before you report me for child abuse, they later thanked me for the correction.
- It's easy to let someone ride other's coattails and let them do the work for you.
- No doubt, people think I can be very harsh and perhaps seen as rude.
- I have had to dig out stuff for myself... Google and Google and retake lessons to get it right.
- Assure you it will not hurt our newbies to learn to do research... they will not die!
- You learn by doing research. I am not boasting, but I am 82 years old and have a doctorate.
- I got it the hard way... I earned it.
I remember in college a student asked the professor what something meant. The professor told him to read it. He did, then asked again. The professor told him to read it. He read it again and once more asked what it meant.
Again the professor told him to read it. The third time the student said, Aha, now I get it! Of course the professor could have given him the answer and he would soon forget it. Now, he will never forget it.
If I seem harsh in telling people to research the question, it is only for their good... they will remember the answer.
Before you chastise me, read it! Before you write me an epistle and tell me how wrong I am, read it!
In 82 years, I've seen a lot of people come and go. Lot of shooting stars that flamed out. Lot of people I didn't think that had a chance, proved me wrong.
I taught classes for years. I taught interrogatively... I asked the class a question and made them look for the answer. They never forgot.
It's called tough love.