What is the Future for Technology?
In the history of the world we have never known a time like this. If the question #whatisthefuturefortechnology was posed, even 50 years ago, the answer would be very different to the answer we would give today.
The technology we have now has evolved and still is evolving in ways we can't even imagine.
Did you know that Josephine Cochrane invented the dish washing machine in 1839? This fact I learned when I was doing research for a post on the definition of an entrepreneur.
So much has happened since then.
Where would we be if we could not work on smart phones, laptops on the internet? Up the creak without a paddle, so to speak.
We shall be working more from home, and more reliant on technology even after this pandemic is over, I would imagine.TIMES, THEY ARE A-CHANGING
Who would have thought that there would be a worldwide virus?
- Would keep us all locked up like prisoners in our own home?
- We would one day walk into the bank with a mask on to ask for money?
- Grocery shopping would entail so much hand washing, hand wringing (as you make out the pared down list), queues that extend halfway down the shopping mall, all marked out to keep us at a distance from anyone else?
- One could get so excited to hear a vehicle moving? Who dares to move about, especially at night? What in the world is happening that someone would dare to take out their vehicle and drive down the road? All sorts of scenarios play out in my head.
- We would become more aware of the early morning birdsong? Without the noise from the vehicles on the freeway we are more aware of nature.
- All sporting events around the world would be canceled?
- Hearing the happy laughter of children playing in the street, or even out in the garden?
- Taking the dog for a walk on the beach?
- Walking in the forest, or climbing up the mountain?
- Wandering around the shopping center just to window-shop?
- Having friends and family over for a barbecue?
- Plant nursery shopping?
- Meeting up with a friend for coffee and chat at a coffee shop?
- Doing a full days work and being paid for it?
- Having a fun spa day with a loved one?
With so many reports of the loss of human life, jobs, life as we knew it, we can dream of new beginnings once this is over.
This shutdown of the nations has made us aware of the need for common courtesy, and kindness.
How much we need each other.
The changes we can make in our own lives to improve the lives of others.
Keep our planet healthy by being mindful of the wonder of the world we have, and what we can do to preserve that which is good.
Knowing how special the bond is in families and with friends, we dream of spending time with them.
Enjoying sporting events, especially when one of the family is taking part. To be able to be there to cheer them on. How wonderful that will be?WHAT?
There must be many things you look forward to doing once this is all over.
Please share them with us.
What technology can't you live without?