Clear for Business
When one thinks of starting anything new, especially when it incurs a cost, there are things one must #clearforbusiness to begin on the right footing.
CLEAR YOUR MIND
Before you start any business venture you need to clear your mind.
Be absolutely certain what type of business you are planning to start.
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
What do you bring to the table?
Are there gifts and talents you have?
Could these be useful in the business, are they appealing, and could be of help to others?
The more you help others, the stronger, and long lasting your business will be.
Be Always aware of your competition and the things they are doing right. This will be a good guide on your way forward.
Competition is always good as it keeps you on your toes, so don't think of it as a negative.
BE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE
- There may be people close to you who think you are crazy to even think of starting your own business. They could put up all sorts of barriers.
- Let them think what they like, if this is really what you want and have thought things through, just do it.
- Make sure you have the money available for what you are planning to do and that it won't affect you too badly if perhaps the naysayers are right and this business venture fails.
The worst thing that could happen, is that you didn't try in the first place.
Don't let fear hold you back.
- What are the things you will need to do to achieve your end goal?
- Are there perhaps courses that would be useful to you?
- Make sure you are aware that there is a market for what you are either selling or the services you are offering.
- It is pointless to begin a business unless you have done your homework (research) first.
If there is a problem of having a lot of call on your time, get rid of the workload that someone else can do.
We all have things we are willing to let go. Find which are the ones you want another person to do.
(Dusting, ironing, etc. - haha!)
These are jobs which are not going to grow your business.
Keep a diary. I must be updated daily - if you have not finished what you set out to do, make sure you put it in for the next day.
A whiteboard is extremely useful as you can rub off all the work you have achieved, and feel good about it.
This makes planning you time and sticking to it so obvious, as it is there for you to see at a glance.
The dream would be to work in a beautiful space but when starting out this is not always possible.
Make sure you are comfortable and have all the things necessary for your needs.
Naturally, if you have chosen to begin an online business then this is easy as all you will need is a laptop and WIFI connection.
If you do not have a good WIFI connection then there are plenty of places available to go to where you will find like-minded people sharing the space. Many Restaurants and cafes have WIFI available to their customers.
BE CLEAR - EVEN IF IT IS NOT ALWAYS PLAIN SAILING
WHATEVER BUSINESS YOU START - JUST GET GOING WITH IT
THE JOY OF SUCCESS IS ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU - KEEP GOING
IF YOU DON'T TRY, HOW WILL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE?