The Amazing History of Wealthy Affiliate
I was researching online for the history of Wealthy Affiliate and I came across this very in-depth infographic that beautifully summarizes the history of Wealthy Affiliate since its inception.
I feel that it'll be great if I could write a blog post here to let more members know some backgrounds of Wealthy Affiliate.
Here's the link to the infographic:
It's actually created by another member here. From my research, I found out this member is John VanDerLaan and his username is "JVanDerLaan" if you want to check him out.
I've listed down all the important events in chronological order here...
- September 10 - Wealthy Affiliate was founded by Kyle Loudoun & Carson Lim (I bet many people don't know their full name)
- WA started as a keyword list membership site offering high searched keywords for internet marketers
- WA cost $29.99 per month, No Free Membership
- December - Added WA Forum & Hired their 1st employee
- More training added to teach people how to utilize the keyword lists and drive traffic to their websites
- Price went from $29.99 to $39.00
- Developed their own hosting infrastructure - Site Rubix
- Spent huge amount of money to continue upgrade their hosting service
- They had their own hosting network, website builder, forum & keyword list
- Pricing went from $39.00 to a split $97/47 price point
- July 2009 - Wealthy Affiliate Premium is launched
- February - WA re-launched the WA blog
- August - Live Chat was launched
- April - Ranking system in WA was launched
- May - Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool was released
- June - Introduced WA notification
- October - Free Started Membership was launched
- January - WA Classroom was born
- July - Private Messaging was launched
- October - Siterubix.com hosting platform was officially launched
- May - Bookmark function was added
- June - SiteComment was launched
- January - SiteDomain was launched
- March - Enabled domain transfer into WA
- January - FREE SSL certificate was launched for all Premium members
- Many more updates in training, design and mobile friendliness
- SiteSpeed coming up soon!
Kyle and Carson are really passionate in making Wealthy Affiliate a better place every single day for anyone to have an opportunity to find success online. I'm really grateful for that!
Please leave in the comments below for any new updates you know so that I can add them to the list.
Last but not least, WA only offers you a great opportunity but you are the one who has to take actions.
If you're already a WA member, rest assured that you are in good hands. Have confidence in the platform and take consistent actions to build your own successful online business.
If you're not yet a WA member, why not give Free Starter Membership a try?