Is Your Business Serendipitous?
I've had a word on my mind for a while now. In fact, the word became more present in the recent months since joining Wealthy Affiliate. The word, as you may have guessed, is Serendipity. Many WA members have written about the word, and I've always liked its meaning. But yesterday, it came up again and I knew I had to have a deeper look.
According to Lexico.com, Serendipity means, "The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way." Basically, it's finding valuable things unintentionally, without looking for them. Cool, right? I sure think so!
The origin of the word goes back to 1754. Serendipity was coined by Horace Walpole, suggested by The Three Princes of Serendip, the title of a fairy tale in which the heroes ‘were always making discoveries, by accidents and sagacity, of things they were not in quest of’.
* Burying an animal in the back yard and discovering a treasure chest full of gold
* Becoming friends with someone first and then innocently falling in love
* Finding $20 in a pair of jeans you haven't worn in a while
* Discovering a note or a gift from someone you love
* Driving down a bumpy dirt road only to find the most magnificent waterfall or sunset
* An unexpected feeling of butterflies
Is Your Business Serendipitous?
The tie in here is this - sure. If you're like me, you believe in these tiny miracles to remind us of how wonderful life really is, if we remove the blindfold! But wouldn't it be something if in our business, we were also in tune to these events? Have they or are they happening to you? Are you noticing them? I think these things happen more than we're willing to admit. i also don't think they're coincidences. It's amazing to be able to witness all the serendipitous things that occur in our daily lives!
* Waking up to find out you've got a new organic comment on your latest blog post
* Checking your affiliate accounts and realizing you have made commission on a sale
* Accidentally finding someone to partner a business with so you may both experience success
* 'Paying' for one Site Comment and getting 4
* Working your tail off on fixing your website issues and noticing the jump in site health
* Getting your website or post indexed by the one and only Google
You Can't Plan It
Serendipity is magical because these things happen in life without you planning on the particular outcome. You don't go searching for gold as you're laying a pet to rest. You're not expecting a waterfall at the end of the long dirt road. You never expect others to find your published content, so organic comments remain a surprise. You didn't sign up as a premium member of WA expecting to find yourself a toolbox full of everything you need to become successful.
Go With It
I hope you've all experienced the idea of serendipity at some point in your life. More so, it's my wish that you will feel the magic when it happens in your business. I mean, let's be honest - we're here at WA, right? You have all discovered the top-notch training, webinars, blog posts, the community, etc. Isn't that really something we can all agree as a serendipitous point in our lives? (I thought so! You just as well smile and admit it!) Just go along with it. It's life telling you to lighten up, accept it, and sprinkle a little pixie dust on your shoes!
The next time you feel like everything is falling into place, let it. Just BE! It's quite possibly - serendipity!!!
For Now, Lovelies!