My 3 years at Wealthy Affiliate have been life changing!
Hello lovely WAers!
Just logged in to find that today is my third birthday here at WA, so I'm celebrating with my 165th post.
Like many people here, my purpose for joining WA was to seek a more passive and definitely larger income, but I can honestly say that I have gained so much more than that from my time here.
I have not been as active here in the last 18 months as I was in the beginning and that is mostly because I got a new job writing for a magazine, which I put down to things I learned here, so I have improved my income a lot, and with a new job I love.
Here are some of my achievements in the last 3 years.in figures:
- Current rank 188
- 2.9k network
- 165 WA posts including this one
- 219,803 words written using site content but that doesn't include all my posts as I sometimes write them directly onto Wordpress
- 1 niche site
- 1 online business promotion site
- 123 articles published via WA
- 134 other articles written as ideas waiting to be finished
- Over 100 articles written for my magazine
- 1 commission to build a website (worth £2500)
- 1 new job writing for a magazine (worth an extra £1000 per month)
- Commissions and Adsense sales that have covered all my premium member payments
Whilst I like looking at facts and figures, I'm also think that quality is equally as important as quantitiy, so here are some of the things that you can't put a number on:
- Countless new friends
- Immense support and encouragement from across the board, from new members to Kyle and Carson themselves
- Daily reminders of the need for a positive mindset
- A can-do attitude which has motivated me immeasurably
- New knowledge and new skill sets
- A way to pay things forward and contribute to help others
- Constant updates on new technologies and insights
- A like minded business-oriented community that doesn't judge you for having a vision
- A very enjoyable way to pass the time and change your life at the same time!
So a big THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me on this journey; to Kyle and Carson for setting up the site with such clear-minded goals and ambitions, that are carried through for the benefit of the members, and to everyone for being so supportive and encouraging over the last 3 years.
The benefit of hindsight
I joined to make money - I needed extra money coming in every month and I suppose my idea of how that was going to happen was quite limited and narrow, and I could've easily been put off or given up when it didn't happen straight away or in the way I had imagined.
What I now realised I got (and still get), was a way to change my life for the better in ways that I couldn't not ever have imaged. My life has expanded in every direction from the narrow, linear idea I had when I started. So stick with it, you WILL change your life if that is what you are looking for - but be aware that "the universe works in mysterious ways", so be prepared to be surprised and amazed at the changes you encounter on the way - just from your new or existing membership of Wealthy Affiliate. And there's so much more to come!
Wishing you all the best