10 Ways to Live Healthier and Longer
Genetic factor is just one of the risk factors of chronic diseases. In fact, studies have shown that genetic factor only play a smaller part in the risk factors. What play the major roles are your lifestyle choices and eating habits. Living healthy is mostly a choice you can make and this choice will benefit you immensely.
- Eat healthy- High protein diet, high fiber, right amount of carbohydrate- choose whole grain foods, lots of fruits & vegetables, drink lots of water, drink milk, avoid unhealthy fats, cut down on carbonated drinks, refined sugar, artificial foods, colors & flavors, and highly processed foods (C.R.A.P), reduce sugar, salt & salty foods, and check food labels when possible. A healthy diet will help lower your risks for heart disease and stroke.
- Engage in regular physical exercise and maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid overeating- count your calories.
- Eat more nuts and seeds. Some seeds have been proven to act as powerhouse for the body.
- Try out natural ingredients with high antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.
- Avoid smoking or try to quit smoking.
- Reduce alcohol intake.
- Reduce stress and learn ways to manage stress.
- Get adequate rest as needed. Develop a good sleeping pattern.
- Connect with people that support you and make you happy.