Tip 140 : target your audience
Target your audience
- Ever seen an archer shooting randomly?
The arrows are too precious to be wasted.
The archer aims for a target.
What is my point?
Just like an archer we need to focus on targets. And they can be manifold.
One of the most important ones is our audience. The people we want to reach, to read our blogs and visit our website. The people we want to work with. Not just random shoots. Not just random people.
- Who is my audience? Whom do I want to reach? Keep that person in mind. Is it a cat lover or a book lover?
- What is my message? What content do I want to deliver? Is it entertaining, informative or sales talk?
- When is the best time to reach out? Spring is not fall... do not sell donuts in a hot summer.
- How do I reach my audience? What tools am I using: text, images, video messages, podcasts, instant messages, ... or a bit of all that. Branding your message is key here. Keep the same style. And hook them.
- Where is your target besides your website? It is on the web, and social media are the best way to reach them. Use trending and hot keywords that match your niche and audience. Try your local market first.
Well it is not. Takes time and effort to hit the mark!
Thank you for liking, shares and comments
What is your audience and how do you target it?