Build a WordPress Website
Last Update: May 11, 2022
Build a WordPress Website
Building a website is not done overnight, even for professional web designers.
But what if you do it yourself?
Actually most of them are technical
Once you have installed wordpress you need to choose a workable theme. If you are a starter go for a simple wordpress theme. Just know the latest theme twenty-twenty two is a full block theme which is not the easiest to handle.
A great free business block theme is generate press.
Do not overload your site with unnecessary plugins. They slow down your site and need a lot of maintenance as well.
What plugins are necessary to start with?
- A Wealthy Affiliate Wordpress site comes with two great plugins for SEO and image optimization. Activate them.
- Make sure to install and activate a backup plugin like the free updraft backup plugin. Use it.
- With growing privacy rights you need a cookie plugin as well were your visitors can accept or reject cookie settings. There are several free ones as well. (Look at stars, the latest updates, utilities before installing). You can also go for paid professional ones .
- Some will feel the need of installing a security plugin as well. This can become important for those who allow comments to handle spam. Wordfence is the better one and comes with a free plugin.
Make sure to use reliable themes and plugins. There is a lot of rubbish on the market and even big brands face security issues from time to time.
Maintain the Updates and upgrades and backup before doing this.
For content focus on those:
Make sure your content is not outdated like links, or copyrights dates.
Structure your website with
- categories (1 per post) and tags (several).
- Descriptive excerpts starting with your title
- Have a featured image
- Label all your media in the media library
- Pillar post (general) referring to other content on your website (specific)
- Use internal and external links
Add content on a regular basis (with right spelling)
For the monetizing, keep those in mind.
Seek affiliate products that you can advertise or have your own PLR (private label Right) product (click bank provides some on its marketplace)
Have a good CTA (call to action) . This can be a mailing list, an offer, a landing page, a free download (best combined with an email).
Seek traffic through social media, specific platforms or other websites.
Those are some main basic topics to cover as a starter.
It is not done overnight.
So, yes... make sure to follow the lessons and to implement what you learn.
Thank you for likes, shares and comments
Where you able to set up your website yet?
Siterubix, offers you the possibility to exercise with a free sub domain before jumping into the real stuff. Especially when you feel unsure.
If not, what is your hurdle?
Ask help, when needed, through live chat.
Do you have other recommendations?
Had another title in mimd, this one came out as Jaaxy's best for keywords
See more comments