Why exactly do we need pretty links?
I moved one of my websites a couple of weeks ago to a different domain and managed to tear the living "H" "E" double hockey sticks out of the permalinks.
You got it!!
Well, anyhoo, while I am running around the internet, like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get my links working right I noticed that I need to shorten my links and make them look pretty. Then it occurred to me that I did not know why this is necessary.
Can someone help a bear out and tell me why this is important? I'm sure it is, but why?
PS. A Few Other Questions I Had I Hope You Can Help Answer.
- 1. Why do they cotton swab the guy's arm with rubbing alcohol before a lethal injection?
- 2. Why do 24 hour, 7 days a week (Including holidays!) Super Markets have locks on their door?
- 3. Why do Aliens abduct Humans if we are an inferior race?
- 4 Why are rat traps in the car-care section of my supermarket?
- 5.If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?
- 6. When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?
- 7. Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
- 8. Do blind people feel 'Love at first sight'?
- 9. Why is the meaning of life hard to find when you have a dictionary?
- 10. Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?
- 11. Did Adam and Eve have navels?
- 12. If a hen-and-a-half could lay an egg-and-a-half in a day-and-a-half, how long would it take a grasshopper with a wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?
- 13. Why do we park in a driveway and drive on the parkway?
- 14. Why is the word "abbreviation" so long?
- 15. Why is there no "w" in "one", but there is a "w" in "two" and we don't use it?
- 16. How do you know when you have run out of invisible ink?
- 17. Why do kamikazes wear helmets?
- 18. Can you stake a vampire with an artificial heart?
- 19. How long is a piece of string?
- 20. What’s the best way to UN-teach a child to put a plastic bag on his/her head?
- 21. Are shart* and skid marks** caused by the same thing?
- 22. At a movie theatre You are asked, “ Hey, what are you doing here?”
- 23. Now that Microsoft is so big, should it be called Macrosoft?
- 24. You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes? Why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?
- 25. Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
- 26. Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
- 27. Why is the word dictionary in the dictionary?
- 28. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
- 29. Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?
- 30. Why is it that night falls but day breaks?
- 31. Why is it that only adults have difficulty with childproof bottles?
- 32. Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?
- 33. Why is it that to stop Windows 95, you have to click on "Start"?
- 34. Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?
- 35. Why is it you must wait until night to call it a day?
- 36, Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
- Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?
- 37. Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
- 38. If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?
- 39. In court, why do they ask if you swear to tell the truth? If you're planning on lying, do they really think you'll tell them so?
- 40. Instead of wasting time hunting and cooking, why don't hunters just use flame-throwers?
There have been a couple of Questions Answered Now!!
#1. What did Tennessee?
A.) The same thing Arkansas.
#2. What did Delaware?
A.) Her New Jersey
#3.) If 2 is company & 3 is a crowd, what is 4 & 5?