Let's Be Sociable
Are you making the most of sharing your content to social media? Are you missing out on potential customers and a bigger audience? Let's look at some stats.
- 42% of the population in the world uses social media. That's four billion users worldwide.
- To break it down, 90% of millennials, 77% of Generation X, and 48% of baby boomers are active social media users.
- 54% of browsers use social media to research products.
- Each person spends an average of two hours and 22 minutes on social networks and messaging.
- 366 million new people started using social media in the past year. That's more than a million new people joining social media every single day.
- 68% of Americans use Facebook.
- 74% of Facebook users check it daily.
- Most people access Facebook around eight times each day.
- 26 million people use Twitter every month.
- 9% more people [than seen in previous reports] are now using Twitter daily.
- 24% of adults in the US use Twitter.
- Instagram has one billion monthly active users, and 500 million of them use it daily.
- Instagram continues to attract a younger audience with 72% of teens saying that they use the platform.
- 59% of Instagram users are under the age of 30.
- There over 530 million user profiles on LinkedIn.
- 80% of social media business to business leads come from LinkedIn.
- Over 46% of all social media traffic to company websites comes from LinkedIn.
- YouTube is the preferred form of social media marketing worldwide. 83% of all consumers prefer it.
- 54% of all people want marketers to put out more video content, and this is an excellent place to begin.
- Most of YouTube's user base is male. The ratio is 55% men to 45% women.
There's a lot of people out there, let's go get 'em!