Last week, I was reading Kyle's "The Customer Purchase Lifecycle " Training and today, I just read it again. I've bookmarked it and I keep going back to it because it is just a huge help and reminder whenever I write about anything.
Here's a snippet from Page 3 that I think is invaluable!
You have to follow certain metrics that prove that you understand exactly who your customer is. These are the determining factors at it comes down to how well you know your niche. Your answer should be YES to the following questions:
(1) Do you read regularly about your niche?
(2) Can you effectively communicate with others in your niche?
(3) Do you comprehend customers issues?
(4) Can you come up with your own "pros and cons" for each customer situation (product, service, etc)?
(5) Do you understand the core problems within your niche?
You should comprehend all of these, if you don't, then you need to spend some time in the trenches learning about your niche and the customer idiosyncrasies.