My first $1,000 Month. Cheers to a wonderful October.
Just checking in with another update. October has been an excellent month for me. I spent very little time generating new content and spent a lot of time reworking old content in advance of the holidays as well as to get consistency across my site for tracking.
A few things I did:
- I added new Amazon tracking codes to all pages with major traffic to identify what's converting
- I added new content to several of my posts to improve their quality
- Chose some better reviewed products to replace other ones
- I removed old poorly formatted content and restructed it for mobile friendly reading
- I posted a few new posts, but nothing intended to drive major traffic
Anyway. The one thing that did happen this month is one of my posts really took off. A post I made in May all of a sudden started getting traffic. Google Rank Brain at work I suppose! It probably got randomized to the top and started seeing some success and kept climbing.
Anyway, here's what you probably want to see, my results for October, fees of $1050 dollars.
And if we look at the year long progression I've seen nothing but growth on fees every month now:
But you might notice one big issue there in October. I had barely any traffic/click increases. So basically, my site is converting better than it was before. This is probably due to better product selection and better post formatting.
It'll be a few months before I really see what happened behind the scenes. But I'll be keeping an eye on it through Google Analytics and my newly minted Amazon specific tracking IDs.
Anyway, just wanted to share my continued progress so you can see that you can do this too!
If you're curious about any other numbers here's a quick rundown:
- I had 6,406 users visit my site in October
- About 11% of my users are recurring users
- I had 9,393 page views in October
- Bounce Rate of 87.27%
Given this I've committed myself to at least 1 new product review focused post every week for the rest of 2018 to try to drive up all of those traffic numbers.
If you have any questions please do let me know! Happy to try to answer!
Kind regards and Happy November to everyone here at WA.