Free Image Sources
I see lots of members asking where they can source free images from, so while I put some more in depth training together to cover this, please find below a list of sources that currently provide images that are either Royalty Free and/or Copyright Free.
You will need to check the Terms & Conditions for each of the sources above, as some of them require attribution.
If you use SiteContent, that integrates with unsplash, pexels and pixabay that I'm aware of, which allows you to search 3 or 4 sites at a time.
One method I have recommended quite a few times, is to create a dummy article in SiteContent, add the images you require, publish to your WordPress website as a Page, then delete the page from WordPress. The image will then be accessible from your Media Library for use within your Posts.
Jim also rightly suggested that you can take your own photos where possible, as these are 100% free and no copyright issues to worry about.
Once the training is complete, I will add a link here, as it will also include details over the different types of image licenses.
In summary, you have the following licenses:
- Public Domain - means images where the right have expired.
- Copyright - means that the image rights still belong to the creator, allowing them to receive compensation.
- Royalty Free - means that the image rights still belong to the creator, but there is no requirement to pay any fees for each use.
- Creative Commons - means that there may be some usage restrictions applied.
- Fair Use - means a limitation may be imposed on the use of the image.