Checklist For Search Engine Optimization
Last Update: May 15, 2020
To get ranked on the search engine, it is something that can be achieved by just following the rules. It is not magic. Through experience and learning from experts here at Wealthy Affiliate, this checklist is compiled for reference.
Having a checklist is a good and easy way to make sure nothing is missed for SEO:
- Post title includes targeted keyword and it is catchy enough to attract people to click
- Meta title includes targeted keyword
- Meta description includes targeted keyword
- Social media title includes targeted keyword
- Social media description includes targeted keyword
- Make sure targeted keyword is in the first paragraph of the post
- Make sure image Alt Tag includes the targeted keyword
- Make sure image Alt title includes the targeted keyword
- Include at least one external link to Wikipedia or other authoritative website
- Include at least one internal link to other page of your website
- Embed a Youtube video that is relevant to your post
- Upload one social image within All-in-one SEO's social settings
- Include a strong call to call at the end of the post to boost engagement
- Avoid inserting affiliate link on the post you want to rank, instead centralise your affiliate links in one product review post
- Include the review snippets if it is a review post
- Only target one keyword for one post, avoid targeting multiple keywords as it would confuse google.
- Request indexing on Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tool
- Share the post link on social media including reddit, facebook, twitter, youtube's community section.
See more comments