6 Months as a Premium Member
Six months here as a Premium member. Cool.
The first time I came across Wealthy Affiliate, I was quite skeptical.
I'm a pastor, so "wealth" is a tricky issue for me. I don't believe money is the end goal. Money can be a means of making a difference.
- It can bring financial peace, but only when we handle it wisely.
- It can give us a sense of security, but only when we understand the emotional side of it.
- It can help us make a difference, but only when we hold it loosely and give it freely to those in need.
But the affiliate part thrilled me. Every time I make an affiliate sale, the thought goes through my head... Yes! I CAN do this! And that's kinda cool.
When I first joined, I worked through all of the coursework and applied what I was learning. Since then...
- I've earned enough in Amazon commissions to pay my cable bill each month twice over.
- I've earned enough in Wealthy Affiliate commissions to pay for my annual membership three times over (and it's only been six months, and it's scaling up each month).
- I've made some really valuable connections with people who have invited me into other opportunities from which I have learned and earned.
Wealthy Affiliate is a pretty awesome resource, but only for people who are looking to learn and not just earn,
connect and not just click stuff, and do the work of building something valuable for the world.
I still say that it's about influence, and income is the bonus.
If you're on the fence, joining is worth it. Premium is worth it. But commit to learn, to contribute, and to build something of real value.
Otherwise, you're wasting your time no matter how much money you make.