What is the most efficient way to write content?
Each and every one of us has a unique approach they take when writing content, and I wanted to spend some time opening up a discussion here with the community as to the "most efficient way" to create content.
There are things that I am doing, that you likely are not that could help. And same goes for you, there are many things we do to add efficiency to our writing and I think a "group" mindshare on this idea will really help those struggling to write or those struggling to get motivated to write get some tailwinds with their writing efforts.
So here are some things that I do to create efficiency with my writing, and these are things that you can likely do with your writing as well.
(1) I research my keywords before I write. I am ready to go when I sit down and write.
(2) I research what I am going to write about before and while I write. I like to be prepared and I try to remove the research process before I write. I want to know the subject, and have what I am going to write about broken down before I sit down and write.
(3) I architect my articles headlines and topics before I write. I do this in bullet form, so I already know all the topics that I am going to be covering before I write. This means when I sit down to write, I can be 100% focused on building out the content.
(4) I often will set a timer on my writing. I will set aside 15 minutes, put myself on a timer and just write. I don't stop until that 15 minutes is done, or the article is done. It is amazing how much you can accomplish when you put in focused writing, and put a little pressure on yourself.
(5) I don't worry about imagery until after I write my content. I will put a tag where I want to add the imagery though.
IMAGE GOES HERE: THE TYPE OF IMAGE I WANT TO ADD
This way you are not breaking up your writing by constantly going off to hunt for images, you can compartmentalize your image research as ONE task versus an integrated task.
And lastly, this isn't an efficiency thing but if I ever need to overcome writers block, I change the location in my house in which I write. I work from a laptop primarily, so I float around. If you don't have this luxury, mix up what you are writing about completely, or put on some brand new music to remove the potential "same same" monotony that can come sometimes with your writing.
Those are the 5 things I do, when I write to add writing efficiency. Do you do any of these? If so, which ones and what are some things that you do to spur creativity and efficiency in your writing? I look forward to hearing your ideas!