SiteComment Section: Some Ideas and Analysis
During the Live Chat today, there were some exchange of thoughts regarding SiteComment section.
In this post I'm going to explore some issues with SiteComment Section and will suggest some rough ideas that can be implemented for its betterment. So, what are the issue with SiteComment Section!!
Top-4 Issues with SiteComment Section:
1. Most of the time there is no website available for commenting. Therefore, hard to earn 2 credits, which is required to get comments on our website.
2. Receiving low quality comments sometimes. As, mostly beginners are involved to use this section.
3. Some Commentors comment only to earn Cash-credits. No genuine comments.
4. Sometimes we receive much more comments than we ask for. Once, I received 10 comments when I requested just 2.
There may be more than 4 issues. But they are more common. Add if you have anymore.
Should there be monetary benefits? Yes or No
I believe, the decision of incorporating monetary benefit was rewarding. I totally support this decision. However, during launch it's been said that you can earn $100s a month through this section. It is not so, at all. I think, a commenter can earn around $25 -$30 a month, maximum. And, it's a good value. A win-win situation indeed.
I spend 45 min-1 hour a day in SiteComment section. And, I get to read really good websites in this platform. I take it as a good reading exercise. I know some people in this platform, as I have commented on their websites and contacted them back to appreciate them. I earn a little around $10-$15 a month through this section. And, I always thank WA for this opportunity.
My other friends are getting blogging courses from elsewhere, still dreaming to earn a dollar!!
SiteComment earning is a huge PLUS, while promoting this platform. I want it to remain as it is now, with some additional rules, that I'll mention in next section.
YES, I SUPPORT SMALL MONETORY BENEFIT FROM SiteComment SECTION
But of course, there has to be some additional rules to resolve top-4 issues.
Ideas that may solve above 4 issues:
Any ONE of below may work well.
1. A certified commenter must be a premium member and should have finished OEC/Bootcamp training (or) finished at least 3 months in WA. Along with current criteria of 50 comments.
2. A certified commenter will receive $10 discount coupon to pay for next monthly subscription. $60 for half-yearly and $120 for annual membership. Not more than $10 p.m. in any case.
(A rough estimate :)). But they have to retain certified commenter status all the way.
3. Certified commenter has to put at least 1 NEW post to receive comments, before giving comments on others posts. So that they will spend more time writing their own posts daily.
I repeat ANY ONE of above 3 may work well.
If you have more idea, please give them in comments.
But, taking away $$$ reward will be disappointing. Earning $$$ within WA Platform, makes it Unique. No other platform has this wonderful facility, anywhere.
Thanks for reading this post.